The flood Cleanup Process can be daunting if left up to homeowners and property owners. The increasing effects of climate change have left many homes and businesses vulnerable to risks from flooding. While it’s impossible to completely flood-proof your property, there are several measures you can take to limit the damage.
If you’ve suffered a flood, a burst pipe, a leak, or any water damage, you’ll know how disruptive water damage can be. At Pinnacle Restorations, we understand the difficulties people encounter when dealing with floodwater. That’s why we’ve listed some suggestions businesses and homeowners can take to clear up after a flood.
Keep reading our guide to discover these helpful measures below. Alternatively, you can schedule an appointment with us if you live in Gainesville or Lake City.
Flood Damage Restoration: Should You Do It Yourself or Get Professional Help?
Clearing up floodwater and related damage can be challenging, demanding work. It involves everything from removing standing water to drying and mold remediation, which requires knowledge and expertise. Without the necessary training or experience, you may have difficulty cleaning up efficiently.
Some floods result in moisture under your tile and grout and special equipment may be needed that civilians simply don’t usually have laying around.
Cleaning companies like Pinnacle Restorations not only have the experience but also own the equipment required to dry out your house or office securely and reliably.
It’s important to hire professionals since floodwater may contain sharp objects like glass or metal fragments that can cause injury and lead to infection. If the water is contaminated, it can cause skin rash, tetanus, or even gastrointestinal diseases. So, even if you are somewhat handy, we recommend you hire professional cleaners in Gainesville, FL.
The Flood Cleanup Process
Water and Flood Cleanup Process Steps:
- Before the cleaning begins, the professionals will turn off the electricity to avoid accidental electrocution.
- In the case of broken pipes, the water mains must be shut off to avoid further flooding and begin cleanup.
- Next, they will pump out all floodwater with a vacuum tanker.
- With the floodwater now cleared, the waste team will remove all items affected by the flooding and dry them as quickly as possible.
- After that, the team will clean and disinfect all contaminated surfaces using specially prepared disinfectants.
- The cleaning team will follow this by extensively cleaning your building with specialist tools, after which the building will be assessed immediately for structural damage.
- After the final cleaning, the team will then dry the building in a manner that limits mold and mildew growth. Drying out your property can take weeks or months, depending on the severity of the flood as well as the type and thickness of materials used. However, professional property restorators use sophisticated dryers and dehumidifiers to accelerate drying. So you can expect your property to be ready sooner.
- Finally, the cleaning company will use thermal fogging to remove after-effects of odors from your property. The fogging process will also help eliminate any bacteria left after the initial disinfection.
Have You Been Affected By Flood? Contact Pinnacle Restorations for Assistance!
In the unfortunate event that your property is flooded, you can count on Pinnacle Restorations to help resolve your flood damage issue as soon as possible. Our specialist cleaning and restoration teams have several years of experience and are committed to ensuring your building are safe again. Our restoration experts have received further training in flood cleanup and structure drying, so you can expect us to mitigate the damage with a quick, fast and precise response.
Please feel free to call us at (352) 448-8043 for further information on how we can assist you!